Mycostim™ Product Information and Documentation
MYCOSTIM™ Mycorrhizal Fungi
MycoStim™ is a biological soil and root inoculant with beneficial mycorrhizae. These fungi colonize the root system, sending thread-like filaments throughout the soil that act as extensions of the root system. Thus, increases the root’s ability to take up nutrients and water resulting in a more vigorous and stress resistant plant.
Enhanced growth and nutrient uptake
Resistance to transplant shock
Improved plant vigor
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is MycoStim?
- MycoStim is a root inoculant of beneficial Mycorrhizae fungus which is applied to roots of plants to colonize them with beneficial micro-organisms.
What are Mycorrhizae fungi?
- These are the beneficial fungi that colonize the root systems of plants and assist in nutrient and moisture transfer to the plant. They multiply and grow like millions of microscopic root extensions, thus increasing the total effective root area of the plant.
What makes MycoStim better than other Mycorrhizae products?
- MycoStim is a blend of 8 super-strains of mycorrhizae; most other mycorrhizae products have only one or two strains.
- Because MycoStim has such a potent and varied fungal content, it is more general purpose and can be used in a wide variety of applications, whereas some competing products have “specific” mycorrhizae for different applications. This would force a retailer to stock several different products and would force the consumer to decide which is best for their application.
- MycoStim is not just fungal spores, it is also a blend of amino acids, vitamins, sea kelp, humic and fulvic acids; all in a pharmaceutical grade cottonseed powder.
What are the benefits of using MycoStim?
- MycoStim will reduce transplant loss and help establish freshly planted vegetation.
- MycoStim allows plants to grow faster and require less water and fertilizer because of the expansive root system.
- Treated plants are more drought and disease resistant. A healthy and large root network makes the plant stress resistant.
How can MycoStim be applied / used?
- Dust the roots prior to planting
- Sprinkle MycoStim in the hole prior to planting
- Coat seeds in MycoStim to aid germination
- Mix MycoStim with water to make a slurry and use it as a drench or root injection.
- Re-treat in 90 days.
Will the spores survive or thrive in a compost tea?
- Typically it is added to the tea just prior to applying. If it is mixed and sits for a bit before being applied, make sure it gets some agitation to assure the spores are in suspension and evenly dispersed. The tea won’t harm it and nor will it proliferate in a tea like other organisms. It is a specific root exudate that brings the spores to life and they begin to germinate, so they have to be in contact with live roots in the soil to begin their germination process.
Does this product expire?
- We provide a manufacture date, however, it will likely be as effective in five years as it was the day we packaged it.
How is MycoStim available?
- In one pound resealable, stand up pouch which also equals out to 3 CUPS.
Can you use it in a compost tea?
- Yes, it is typically added just prior to applying. If it sits in the tea, it should be agitated prior to applying.
How to Get Rid of Fungus Gnats
How to Get Rid of Fungus Gnats Indoor plants are a fun and decorative way to bring the great outdoors in, but sometimes they can come accompanied by tiny, unwelcome guests, otherwise known as fungus gnats. While fungus gnats cannot harm humans, they can harm [...]
A Gardener’s Guide to Russet Mites
A Gardener’s Guide to Russet Mites Gardening is fun. But at times, it can feel more like a job than a hobby, especially when you’ve got pesky insects making a feast out of the fruits of your labor, or when you don’t know you’ve got [...]
Gardener’s Guide To Winter Plant Protection
Gardener’s Guide To Winter Plant Protection As we say goodbye to summer and wait for the cold weather months to creep in, it’s time to start thinking about your plan for winter plant protection. Winterizing plants can help prevent freezing roots, damage, winter burn, and [...]