Tomato Maker® Product Information & Documentation
PLANT DOCTOR® Tomato Maker® 4-2-6
Tomato Maker® 4-2-6 is a revolutionary fertilizer made with micronized nutrients, a technology far superior to old granular fertilizers. Fortified with iron, magnesium and slow-release calcium that will correct deficiencies responsible for blossom end rot. Loaded with humates, which stimulate root growth. Ideal for use from seedling stage to harvest. One 3 lb. resealable bag will treat up to 30 plants through the entire growing season. Tomato Maker® can be used on other fruits and vegetables too!
Corrects nutritional deficiencies responsible for blossom end rot
Contains natural sources of nutrients for firm, tasty tomatoes
Supplemented with iron, magnesium and calcium
Can be used on all vegetables
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is TOMATO MAKER?
- A 4-2-6 plant food fortified with Calcium and Magnesium.
- Tomato Maker provides all the nutrients necessary for robust and tasty tomatoes!
- Can be used on all fruits and vegetables for general purpose plant nutrition item.
What makes TOMATO MAKER so unique?
- Tomato Maker contains a supplement of immediately available and slowly soluble calcium. This helps to prevent the common problem of “Blossom End Rot” in tomatoes.
- Tomato Maker is a unique blend of natural ingredients and earth-friendly synthetics designed to provide complete nutrition and protection from stress.
How is it applied?
- Tomato Maker is a granular product that is sprinkled at the base of tomato plants and then watered in.
- Each 3 lb bag will treat approximately 30 tomato plants from seedling to harvest.
- There are directions on the label for each stage of tomato plant, from seed to mature plant.
What is blossom end rot?
- Blossom end rot is a common problem in tomatoes. The end of the fruit turns brown, then dry and leathery. This leads to severely degraded fruit quality. It is most severe in times of heat stress and especially after heavy rains or excessive watering
What are the uses for Tomato Maker?
- Although specifically designed for Tomatoes, it can be used on virtually any vegetable with good results. Tomato Maker should provide most, if not all, the fertilization needed for most home vegetable gardens.
Can I use Tomato Maker to replace the nutrients in the soil?
- Yes, you can incorporate Tomato Maker into the soil to replace nutrients. We estimate that a 3 lb bag should be good for 100 square feet. This is a great method to get your garden started in the right direction.
Why is Tomato Maker not organic?
- Two of the ingredients in the Tomato Maker keep it from being certified organic:
- CottonSeed Meal (no one will certify cottonseed as organic any longer)
- Ammonium Sulfate.
- We felt it important to offer the best product possible for your crop and we’ve considered making a 100% organic formulation, but we would be compromising its effectiveness.
How much total volume is in the 3 lb. tomato maker?
- The 3 lbs bag of Tomato Maker = roughly 5.5 cups.
How to Get Rid of Fungus Gnats
How to Get Rid of Fungus Gnats Indoor plants are a fun and decorative way to bring the great outdoors in, but sometimes they can come accompanied by tiny, unwelcome guests, otherwise known as fungus gnats. While fungus gnats cannot harm humans, they can harm [...]
A Gardener’s Guide to Russet Mites
A Gardener’s Guide to Russet Mites Gardening is fun. But at times, it can feel more like a job than a hobby, especially when you’ve got pesky insects making a feast out of the fruits of your labor, or when you don’t know you’ve got [...]
Gardener’s Guide To Winter Plant Protection
Gardener’s Guide To Winter Plant Protection As we say goodbye to summer and wait for the cold weather months to creep in, it’s time to start thinking about your plan for winter plant protection. Winterizing plants can help prevent freezing roots, damage, winter burn, and [...]